The Association of British Drivers (ABD) was formed by a number of responsible people from all walks of life and is run entirely on a voluntary basis. The objective of the ABD is to lobby for the beleaguered British motorist.
Issues on which the ABD campaigns include:
- Recognition of the fact that roads are an essential part of the UK public transport system; and that traffic is the lifeblood of the economy.
- Improved standards of driver training.
- Realistic speed limits.
- Improvements in road and vehicle safety.
- More of the taxes derived from motorists to be spent on roads.
- No motorway tolls; no urban road charging.
- No abuse of Gatso cameras.
The ABD is a member of the following organizations:
You can follow the ABD on Twitter: @theABD / twitter.com/TheABD
and Facebook: www.facebook.com/allianceofbritishdrivers.
'The Association of British Drivers' is the sole operating name of Pro-Motor Ltd, a company limited by Guarantee and registered in England under number 2945728.
Membership details can be obtained from:
The Membership Secretary
The Association of British Drivers
P O Box 2228
To join by phone call: 07000-781544
You can also Join on-line
If you are not already receiving ABD Press Releases by email, join our Press Release Distribution List.