The Association of British Drivers
Fuel Tax Table
This table shows the hidden tax on Petrol (ULSP 95 Octane) and Diesel (ULSD) fuel in the UK.
- Pump Price — The price you see at the pump per litre.
- VAT (tax on tax) — The VAT you pay, including the dishonest VAT charged on the fuel tax!
- Without VAT — The price before VAT is added.
- Fuel Tax — The fuel tax charge, a fixed amount per litre.
- Untaxed price — The actual price fuel would be without any tax.
- Total Tax — The total tax you have to pay (fuel tax + VAT on fuel + VAT on fuel tax).
- % which is tax — The percentage of the pump price which is tax.
- Overall Tax rate — The rate of tax on the actual fuel price — compare this extortionate rate with income tax, and the VAT rate of 20%!